The Secretary noted that it had been quite a busy season
behind the scenes.
All the usual activities took place (meetings, newsletters, membership correspondence, rental renewals etc.) and additionally -
- The Duchy leases were re-negotiated and the club
has moved from annual leases to 4-year leases on
both the West Looe and Inny. This is much more
acceptable to the club as it enables us to do longer term
maintenance on the beats – work on which has already
- We lost a rented short stretch of River Lynher (Beat 9,
Lynher Farm, 2 meadows) up at Bathpool as the
owners’ sold the property and fishing rights to third
- There was a lot of legal work including changing out
the LDAC trustees (to T Sobey, D White and P Jordan)
and other land registry matters -
- Prevented the sale of a short stretch (110m) of our fishing north of the road bridge at Newbridge - as the Turnpike Cottage owners’ tried to include our fishing rights in their auction.
- Purchased the Hendergrove Stretch (800m) of the upper Fowey: (Beat 2b, lhb opposite Golitha). This stretch was offered to the Club offmarket and the Club agreed to purchase as it protects the Golitha fishing on the opposite bank – already owned by LDAC. Contracts have been signed and payment made in full.
- Unable to register Beat 15: Cadsonbury Beat; Lynher. The LDAC Trustees have had to withdraw the LDAC registration of this beat as the NT formally objected to the registration due to deed issues from the 1942 and 1967 sale/purchase agreements. We intend to continue to fish the beat and to explore options to complete the registration without resorting to an expensive legal tribunal.
- Sold c.50m (600m2) of LDAC land/ roadside verge to Highways England. This sale is progressing. Value to Club is approximately £850.00. Please note the on-going traffic restrictions and the need to enter Lewarne Coombe from the west now (Halfway House) as a result of their ongoing works. There is no access from the east (Trago) until end-April.
Other news -
- FRA has purchased 5100m of the Draynes
sanctuary stretch that they previously rented. This
should protect these important sea trout breeding
areas in perpetuity. They have control of over
70% of the valley now. Thanks to Chris Janes,
Roger Lashbrook and Rob Williams et al….for all
their efforts in improving the stretches over many
- ORVIS EXETER are now offering 10% on all
fishing related items (incl clothing, waders tackle
etc..) to club members in 2017. Present your 2017
season ticket to get the discount. Shop visits only
– not online. Thanks to Arthur White for arranging
- We are now looking for a new website
manager to keep the club website up to date.
Please come and see Secretary after the meeting
or get in touch if you can help.
Finally - We need your latest email and postal address
if we are going to keep in touch with you. That’s
in your hands, not ours….